Software Product Manager
The Vence system consists of battery-powered, wireless cow collars that are remotely administered using our map-based Herd Manager software. Ranchers benefit from our real-time actionable information and innovative, fence-free herd control. We also work with government agencies and conservationists to protect natural areas and species.
As a SW Product Manager, you will be in charge of developing the product roadmap for our company’s Vence Herd Manager back-end services, as well as customer-facing desktop and mobile applications. You will be in charge of creating specific product requirements in collaboration with cross-functional teams such as business development, sales, development operations, hardware R&D, user experience, and customer success.
- Managing the entire product cycle, including strategic roadmap generation, design, development, deployment, and user acceptability testing.
- Convert data from the discovery phase into SW product specifications
- Collaborate closely with the UI/UX designer to provide comprehensive web app requirements.
- Communicate market needs and timelines to design and development teams.
- Meet with customers and partners to define and validate product needs.
- Develop thorough Product Requirements Documentation (PRDs) from Marketing Requirements.
- Report the design and development programme status to management and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in product management, computer science, agriculture science, or a comparable field of study.
- A minimum of 7 years of proven experience as a Product Manager in a similar field.
- Experience in Agile design processes and approaches.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Jira, or similar requirements definition and development planning/tracking
- Ability to travel (up to 3-4 times a year) to rural locations and work hand in hand with customers in ranching environments to thoroughly understand their needs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisation skills.
- Capability to perform effectively in a large organisation with several possible stakeholders.
- Experience with ranching, agricultural science, range/land management, or animal behaviour.
- prior expertise with wireless systems and end-to-end products. Using LoRaWan, cellular, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi-based systems is advantageous.
- Previously designed and deployed large-scale battery-powered IoT solutions using cloud-based back-end server/web-based front-end client monitoring and control apps.
- SW design and implementation for multi-tenant cloud-based applications, particularly using Amazon AWS.
Notice for Internal Applicants.
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all workers subject to this policy must have at least twelve (12) months of service in their current position before applying for available positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position that meets the salary and geographical parameters outlined in your separation package’s Summary Plan Description (SPD), you are no longer eligible for the benefits. Please contact your Human Resources Business Partner or Talent Acquisition Advisor to explore this further.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial or research-based roles, will be expected to follow not only Company policy but also policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, being vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, your employment may impose an undue burden on business operations, in which case you may be denied employment or terminated. Please keep in mind that, where authorised by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for jobs, such as Global Employee Health, if the Company considers in its sole discretion that the nature of the work poses an enhanced risk of disease transmission.
Current employees can apply HERE.
Current Contingent Workers, apply HERE.
Only for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico.
Our organisation is committed to inclusivity, ensuring that candidates may participate in a recruiting process that reflects their genuine ability. Please click here if you require accommodation throughout the application or hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace. All competent applicants shall be considered for employment regardless of race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or handicap status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For more information on personal rights under the United States’ Equal Opportunity Employment legislation, visit:
EEOC: Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency, Nondiscrimination
We are delighted to be a company that recognises the importance of bringing diverse, talented, and committed individuals together. When various ideas come together in an inclusive setting, breakthrough creativity occurs at a rapid pace. We encourage our coworkers to respectfully challenge one another’s perspectives and solve difficulties together.
Learn about your rights, including those under California, Colorado, and other US State Acts.
US Hybrid Work Model
Employees in office-based positions in the United States will work a hybrid schedule beginning September 5, 2023, consisting of three total days on-site per week, typically Tuesday, Wednesday, and either Monday or Thursday, though the specific days may vary by site or organisation, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to, and daily in-person attendance is required for, field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement allows for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. This Hybrid work model guidance does not apply to roles that have been categorised as “remote.”
Under New York State, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company must offer a realistic estimate of the wage range for this position. Final wage determinations will consider a variety of variables, including, but not limited to, the primary work location and the selected candidate’s appropriate abilities, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$135,500.00 – $213,400.00
Bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employees and their families), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, and sick days are all available. Benefits for Washington State Jobs are summarised below.
Search Firm Representatives Please read carefully.
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited employment-related assistance from search firms. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company in the absence of a formal written search agreement for this post will be considered the sole property of our company. There will be no cost if a candidate is employed by our organisation as a consequence of an agency referral and there is no pre-existing agreement. Where agency agreements exist, introductions are position-specific. Please do not call or email.
Flexible Working Arrangements:
Valid Driver’s Licence:
Requisition ID: R275926.