What We are Looking For
At HNTB, you may pursue a fulfilling career while also contributing to communities that are important to everyone. For over a century, we have provided solutions for some of the largest and most complicated infrastructure projects in the country. With our unprecedented expansion, now is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This position comprises overseeing field contract management, administration, and coordination for big, diversified, and complicated projects or programmes. Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organising, carrying out, and coordinating construction engineering tasks. Responsible for overseeing assigned personnel to ensure that the contractor’s actions are monitored and regulated in line with design specifications and contractual obligations. Acts as the on-site liaison between the client, company personnel, and the contractor to resolve project concerns. Acts as a specialist in the application of advanced concepts, principles, techniques, and procedures to a specific area of responsibility. Analyses difficult construction/design challenges that necessitate the creation of new or improved processes or procedures; talks with design engineering personnel. Presents proposals at meetings and conferences. Typically responsible for managing projects with a construction value of $20 million or more, as well as playing a vital role in mega project endeavours.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for developing project scope and fee quotations, as well as assisting with technical proposal and contract preparation in accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- coordinates project activities. Establishes priorities and assigns people to jobs. Prepares a summary inspection report for daily activity. Monitors and analyses contractor progress to the reviewed progress schedule. Resolves technical field concerns and works with architects and engineers to provide quick and correct responses to information requests.
- Oversees project controls, which include verifying contractors’ controls, coordinating the timetable, and assessing the constructor’s schedule.
- Checks submittals for adherence to plans and specifications. Develops strategies with the contractor to generate submittal packages that meet schedule criteria.
- On each project, the firm’s project delivery plan is put into action using HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach. Oversees the formulation and implementation of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors the team to achieve the project’s overall objectives. Detects and remedies non-compliant work.
- Offers interpretation and enforcement of contract plans and specifications. Develops strategies with the contractor to generate submittal packages that meet schedule criteria.
- Confirms change order requests, creates estimates, negotiates pricing, and issues change orders.
- Provides cost control for projects and quality control within the discipline.
- Collaborates with Client Service Leaders and Pursuit Champions to support business development, client relationship building, and pursuit activities for mega and super mega projects in accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Collaborates with the project team and marketing resources to develop effective proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for mini-mega, mega, or super mega projects to clients, as well as general presentations in the industry and community.
- May be in charge of recruiting, employing, developing, and retaining construction workers, as well as developing a staff reporting strategy, performance and compensation reviews, and succession planning.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Certification.
- All jurisdictional certificates.
What You Will Bring:
- Winning, contracting, and effectively delivering 4for4 (on-time, on-budget, quality, and customer satisfaction) on multidisciplinary or large/complex projects. Identifying and managing risk and change autonomously.
- Leading huge teams both within and outside of HNTB, utilising sub-consultants.
- Using system technologies to manage, track, and deliver complicated projects.
- Leading HNTB Sophisticated processes as appropriate for the project.
- Being the primary point of contact for the client.
- Deploying talent to other projects and preparing successors to work with the same customer on future initiatives.
What We Prefer:
- 25 years of related experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or National Institute of Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level IV.
Click here to learn more about the benefits: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to find out more about EOE, including disabilities and veterans.
Visa sponsorship is available for this role.
Cherry Hill, NJ (Woodbury); Parsippany, NJ (Fairfield).
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, individual, or corporation that sends an unsolicited resume to this site acknowledges that the applicant’s résumé will become the property of HNTB. HNTB reserves the right to hire that applicant at its discretion, with no charge owing to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person, or business. Staffing/employment agencies with fee agreements with HNTB must submit applications to the appropriate HNTB recruiter in order to receive placement fees.