What We’re Seeking
At HNTB, you may establish a career that is meaningful to you while also contributing to communities that are important to all of us. For more than a century, we have provided solutions for some of the country’s largest and most complicated infrastructure projects. With our recent expansion, now is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
The HNTB office in Boston, MA is looking for a Highway Engineer III to join our Highway design team.
Our team is currently working on some of the most challenging projects in Massachusetts and Rhode Island for a variety of government clients. We are committed to improving our communities, addressing infrastructure issues for our clients, and creating mobility equity.
As a Highway Engineer III, you will coordinate and deliver transportation engineering projects within scope, financial, and time constraints from project inception to project completion. Small intersection and multimodal corridor improvement projects to big interchanges, multimodal enhancements, bridge rebuilding projects, and/or design-build projects are all possible. Coordination with our Public Engagement group and help for our Planning group on pursuits and design projects are also possible job duties.
Highway design, cost estimates, specifications, corridor modelling, public participation, mobility planning, and comprehensive street design are among the responsibilities. The strategy of our team is to confidently provide performance on every project and to deliver projects with quality work, on time, on budget, and to the client’s pleasure.
You’ll do the following:
- Completes prescribed tasks within the time frame and amount of hours specified.
- Assist with the creation of project specifications.
- Reports, drawings, and plans are examples of discipline-specific engineering project elements/deliverables.
- Assists project team members in their collaboration and productivity.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced members of the engineering project team.
- Collaborates closely with other disciplines and on cross-disciplinary projects.
- Reviews the quality of discipline-specific engineering project elements/deliverables.
- Aids in the organisation and planning of timetables, hours, and job distribution within the discipline.
- Other responsibilities may be allocated.
You will require the following items:
- Engineering bachelor’s degree plus four years of relevant experience, or
- Engineering master’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or
- A PhD in engineering and two years of related experience are required.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Producing and delivering highway design projects from conceptualization to completion.
- Taking part in project pursuits.
- Leading the development of transportation design criteria, reports, plans, computations, estimates, specifications, and designs.
- Helping to create and evaluate highway idea alternatives for transportation planning studies.
- Adopting Complete Streets policy and “Vision Zero” design guidelines for roadway projects that are sensitive to the whole community environment.
- providing technical assessment and checking other engineers’ engineering work
What We Prefer:
- MS preferable, although BS in Civil Engineering is required.
- four or more years of professional engineering experience
- Experience working with MassDOT, RIDOT, and municipal clients is required.
- Participation in professional and/or civic organisations on a local level
- Professional Engineer (PE) licence or the ability to obtain one within six months of employment
Click here for more information about benefits: Total HNTB Rewards
Learn more about EOE, including disability and veteran benefits, by clicking here.
This post is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Chelmsford, MA (Lexington) and Boston, MA
THIRD-PARTY AGENCY NOTICE:
HNTB does not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies that have not been requested. Any staffing/employment agency, individual, or corporation that sends an unsolicited resume to this site understands that the applicant’s résumé will become the property of HNTB. HNTB reserves the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without payment to the staffing/employment agency, person, or business that submitted the application. To be eligible for placement fees, staffing/employment agencies with fee agreements with HNTB must send applicants to the appropriate HNTB recruiter.