If you are a foreign worker looking to work in the United States, apply for the H2A Seasonal Work Visa. The US Citizenship and Immigration Service maintains a list of permitted employers. It allows approved US employers to hire foreigners to work in agriculture-related industries in the US. Employers in the United States are responsible for providing foreign workers with lodging and transportation from their homes to the workplace. A total of 298,000 H2A visas were awarded for foreign workers in 2022. These figures were confirmed by the United States Department of Agriculture. In this post, we will walk you through the entire H2A Work Visa Process in the United States.
Details on the H2A Work Visa Process in the United States
- Job Location: USA
- Type of Visa: H2A Agricultural Visa
- Non-US Citizens are eligible to apply.
H2A Visa Sponsorship Opportunities in the United States
What is a US H2 Visa, how much does it cost, and how long does it last?
It is a temporary seasonal work visa for foreign workers hired by US employers or companies to work in agriculture. It can take up to 75 days to process an application for a US H2 work visa.
The H2 visa’s validity period Maximum of three years. If you extend your visa, you can stay and work in the United States for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years.
Your employers will cover all of your visa expenditures. In the employer perks area, we provide detailed details on visa expenses.
What Are the Advantages of US Employers?
Foreign workers will receive a variety of perks from their US employer, including:
- Fee for Labour Certification: $100
- Fee for Filing a Non-Immigrant Worker Petition: $460
- The application fee for an H-2A visa is $190.
- Border stamps cost $6.
- Fees for agents: $100
- Transportation to the United States: $400-$650 (paid by the employer)
- Housing costs between $9,000 and $13,000 per worker.
Working in the H2A Industry in the United States
These are some of the seasonal agricultural visa employment industries.
- Commercial fishing and aquaculture
- Livestock feeding and care
- Tree planting and harvesting
- Cow and goat milking
- Grounds maintenance and landscaping
- Poultry and meat processing
- Tree and shrub pruning
- Fruit and vegetable picking
- Crop planting and transplanting
H2A Work Visa Sponsorship Companies in the United States in 2024
There are many US firms and companies that have been approved by the US government to hire foreign labour.
The complete list of visa sponsorship companies in the United States can be found here.
How to Apply
First, look for a job in an agricultural company. You can use the link to some sponsorship firms that we listed above.
Your employer must next submit a labour certification to the US Department of Labour in the second phase. The employer must file Form I-129 with USCIS once the DOL delivers you the temporary labour certification.
After completing all of the steps, apply online for the H2 Seasonal Work Visa and attend the embassy interview.
- Website for the H2A Visa in the United States
- Website of the United States Department of Labour
- Website of the United States Department of Agriculture
MORE JOBS HERE