We are a well-funded, rapidly expanding scale-up seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer. If you’ve ever wanted to work with a top-tier technology firm scale-up on cutting-edge technologies, backed by the world’s best venture capitalists, now is your chance.
Some information on MobSquad:
- MobSquad addresses the huge and growing dearth of technology talent experienced by US-based start-ups and scale-ups by providing its clients with a readymade “virtual” Canadian subsidiary. MobSquad guarantees that IT experts with US work visa issues continue to work for their present employer, but nearshore from Canada. This is accomplished through MobSquad’s unique cooperation with the Canadian government, which allows work permits for technology professionals and their families to be issued in four to six weeks and Canadian permanent residency in six to eight months. Furthermore, MobSquad has unrestricted access to top-tier global technology talent, which it relocates to Canada and pairs with both American and Canadian clients on an exclusive, long-term basis, assisting firms not only to retain but also to significantly grow their existing world-class technology talent base.
- We are a Certified B corporation that has made various charitable contributions as well as a financial commitment to the Upside Foundation. We think we are playing an important role in boosting Canada’s innovation economy, and we have received financial support from the Government of Canada, the Province of Alberta, the Province of Nova Scotia, and the City of Calgary to help us achieve this goal.
- For our workplace culture, we were acknowledged as the 3rd greatest place to work in Canada (for a small company) in 2020, as well as recognized especially for being one of the top workplaces nationwide for: inclusivity; mental wellness; giving back; youth; and technology. We were also named one of the top start-ups to work for in Canada.
- We have been featured in numerous media outlets for our innovative business model, including Asian Pacific Post, BetaKit, Bloomberg, CBC, Global News, Gothamist, International Business Times, MIT Technology Review, Nearshore Americas, Nikkei Asian Review, NPR, The Economic Times of India, The Financial Times, The Globe and Mail, The Information, The New York Times, and The Washington Post.
- Last autumn, Harvard Business School released a case study on MobSquad, and the November/December 2020 issue of Harvard Business Review highlighted us many times in a story that appeared on the cover.
Our website contains more information about us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be part of a team situated in Canada that will collaborate remotely with a prominent US scale-up. Your team will work with many other great engineers and data scientists across Canada, and you will be an important part of the MobSquad tech community.
- You hold a degree from an authorised institution in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline.
- You have more than three years of experience developing and delivering high-quality, user-friendly software.
- You’ve been creating production-ready code for over three years.
- You are proficient in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Java).
- You’ve worked with back-end frameworks such as Django, Flask, Spring, and Node.js.
- You have previous expertise designing and deploying microservice architectures and distributed systems.
- You have prior expertise designing corporate software that is extremely scalable and performant.
- You have extensive expertise creating, deploying, and implementing APIs.
- You have demonstrated the ability to write high-quality code while adhering to industry best practices (for example, code review, unit testing, and revision control).
- You have a work/project history that reflects a self-motivated professional who excels when presented with open-ended problems and broadly defined goals, with an innate willingness to utilise their skills in a way that adds corporate value.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MOBSQUAD
- A full-time position with a competitive salary.
- A rewards programme administered through our custom digital platform, providing you power, flexibility, and choice. We allow you to customise your benefits package to include health (e.g., medical, dentistry, vision), wellness (e.g., gym, workout gear, massage, travel), and RRSP (retirement savings).
- A downtown office space with first-rate amenities, close to superb restaurants and public transportation.
- Sponsorship for an immediate work permit, expedited permanent residency, and Canadian citizenship within four years for international candidates
At MobSquad, we support and encourage the creation of a diverse, inclusive, and safe work environment for everybody. We welcome all applications, regardless of colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.