For our ongoing construction project in Revelstoke Mountain Resort, we are presently hiring CONSTRUCTION GENERAL LABOURERS.
In order to:
Canada-wide, Northland Properties Corporation is regarded as one of the most reliable names in the hospitality, dining, sports, and development industries.The Sandman Hotel Group, The Sutton Place Hotels, Moxie’s Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Denny’s Restaurants, Shark Club Sports Bar, Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, The Dallas Stars, Grouse Mountain, and Northland Asset Management Company are just a few of the names that Northland Properties Corporation is responsible for. Vancouver, British Columbia serves as the corporate headquarters of the 100% Canadian-owned Northland Properties Corporation. With more than 200 locations around the country and other outposts in the UK and the USA, it employs more than 12,000 creative people in total.
How do you fare?
- Pay is based on experience and skill level.
- extended family health care, including group life insurance, dental, and vision care
- HumanaCare offers free mental health counselling and assistance.
- 25% off at particular restaurants for a party of up to six persons
- For employees, leisure hotel rates begin at $79 per night, while rates for friends and family begin at $89 per night (or a lower price depending on hotel occupancy).
- Up to 4 persons can purchase discounted passes and lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort.
- Proficiency with both manual and power tools
- distribution of building materials and the loading and unloading of vehicles with supplies and equipment
- concrete formwork assembly and disassembly, scaffolding, walkways, barriers, trenching, and laying concrete and asphalt
- Perform physical labour and operate machinery, including drills, forklifts, jackhammers, rammers, mixers, and measuring devices.
- Collaborate with other crew members to finish jobs or projects in the field.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety measures and construction schedules, and carry out activities in accordance with business health and safety policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- assist with plasterboard, plumbing, electrical, painting, and carpentry tasks.
- help with the installation of cabinets, windows, and doors
- perform additional tasks that are assigned, within the employee’s skills.
- Work in all project phases, from demolition to completion
- understanding of basic building terms and a basic command of English
- work experience of at least six months
- An advantage is typically considered to have knowledge in plumbing, painting, carpentry, electrical work, plasterboard and construction.
- It is desirable to have knowledge about workplace health and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of appropriate lifting and handling techniques and workplace safety is advantageous.
Required Competencies and Skills
- understanding of construction in general
- Work in all stages, from deconstruction to completion
- knowledge of both manual and power tools
- An asset is having knowledge in installing plasterboard, cabinets, windows and doors.
- able to collaborate effectively with others in a team setting
- ability to ask questions when uncertain and follow instructions
- Be able to maintain the workspace tidy and organised.
- honesty, sound judgement, and a solid work ethic
- learning-minded and possessing a “I can do it” attitude
- being able to move quickly daily 8 hours
- You need to have your belt and necessary hand tools.
- able to perform outdoor work
For employees who require it, an acceptable and practical accommodation option is provided.
People interested in studying a trade can enrol in apprenticeship programmes offered by NPC Northland.
For all applicants who meet the company’s requirements, the business offers the LMIA.