Work in USA | Visa Sponsorship Jobs in USA

Washington DC
December 11, 2023
Apply Now
Deadline date:

Job Description



The ‘country of the free’ is a favourite expat destination due to its English-speaking populace and powerful economy. Obtaining a visa to live and work in America, on the other hand, is challenging. Don’t be discouraged; there are numerous reasons why you might consider working in the United States.


One of the most appealing aspects is the opportunity to immerse oneself in American society; another advantage is not having to learn a new language. The majority of Americans speak English, which is also the primary business language in most circumstances. However, because a major section of the population speaks Spanish, there will be several possibilities to expand your skill set.



You’ll have 50 states to explore in your spare time. Cities, beaches, and mountain ranges are all examples of landscapes, as are deserts, woods, and canyons. Visit the Statue of Liberty in New York, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, the White House in Washington, DC, or Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.



You’ll also get plenty of chances to try popular American foods like sourdough bread in San Francisco, deep dish pizza in Chicago, gumbo in New Orleans, fish tacos in New Mexico, bagels in New York, and pulled pork in North Carolina.



California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, New Hampshire, and New York are popular states for persons relocating to the United States.





Jobs in the USA

The United States possesses the world’s largest and most powerful economy. The country has a population of 331.9 million people and an unemployment rate of 3.6%.


Healthcare and social assistance, construction, electronics, information technology, hospitality, financial services, real estate, and retail are all growing businesses.


However, the employment market remains competitive, and overseas graduates must pitch their qualifications and experience to potential employers.







Commodities for consumption


Food preparation


Motor Vehicles.



The country also features one of the world’s largest and most advanced media sectors. There is a global audience for American movies, television, and music, and there are thousands of newspapers, radio stations, and news channels.



Small and medium-sized firms (SMEs) are prevalent in the digital and technology industries; for example, hundreds of innovative start-ups may be found in California’s world-famous Silicon Valley.





Among the major US corporations are:


  • Apple
  • AT&T
  • Chevron
  • CVS Pharmacy
  • Exxon Mobil Corporation
  • Ford Motor Company is a car manufacturer.
  • General Electric Company
  • Google
  • IBM
  • JPMorgan Chase & Co., Inc.
  • Microsoft
  • Pfizer
  • Procter & Gamble Inc.
  • Walmart
  • Discovery by Warner Bros.




Look for employment openings at:









It’s worth mentioning that you’ll be expected to have the legal permission to work in the United States before applying for any of the offered positions featured on these job boards.


Graduates looking for work should do their studies because finding work might be difficult due to the rigorous and very restrictive visa process. You will require the appropriate visa to visit the country for purposes other than tourism and travel (see below).





Skills Shortages


Healthcare professions such as nurses, caretakers, medical assistants, and physiotherapy assistants are in high demand, as are:


  • Construction Workers
  • Financial consultants
  • Web designers
  • Software designers
  • Retail employees
  • Data Analysts
  • Representatives of customer service
  • Tlerks in the office
  • Teachers
  • Specialists in marketing.






How to Get a Job in the United States


Finding a job with a company in your home country that has operations in the United States and opportunities to transfer may be the simplest approach for international workers to find work in America.


If this is not an option, you will need to apply for jobs before entering the United States due to tight visa restrictions. Employers may sponsor your visa if you have certain skills and qualifications, but this might be difficult to obtain.


The application process is comparable to that of the United Kingdom. You can apply for positions by sending a CV, often known as a résumé in the United States, and a cover letter. Alternatively, certain positions may require you to complete an application form. If you are chosen, you will be invited to an interview, which may include some type of psychometric testing. There may be numerous rounds of interviews depending on the position and the business.






Summer Jobs


Summer job and travel options are available from June to September each year. During this period, you can work in theme parks, hotels, beach clubs, and ranches on a seasonal or paid basis.


Working at an American summer camp is another common choice. Thousands of students and recent graduates labour in camps across the country each year. You might spend the summer teaching young Americans anything from arts and crafts to sports with other US and international professionals.




See: for seasonal and summer camp opportunities.





As you might imagine from such a vast country, there are numerous volunteer opportunities in the United States, but you must ensure that you arrive on the correct visa.


The B-1 business visitor visa is designed for people who want to come to the nation to do unpaid labour for a charity or religious organisation. Specific conditions must, however, be met, therefore always verify before accepting to a post.


Visit, the country’s natural and cultural resources volunteer portal, to learn about current volunteer opportunities.





Teaching Jobs


English as a second language (ESL) and English as a foreign language (EFL) teachers are in great demand in parts of the United States with large immigrant and refugee populations, particularly in urban areas such as New York, California, Arizona, Texas, and Washington. However, due to rigorous employment rules in the United States, it might be difficult for foreign workers to get teaching posts.


There are opportunities to teach English in public and private schools, as well as in higher and adult education.


A degree plus a teaching licence are normally required to teach at a public school or a government-funded institution (such as a public university). A teaching licence is not usually required to teach at private schools, however a Masters degree will boost your chances of getting a job. Completing a TEFL or TESOL certification will let you to work in a range of adult education settings.







Students, recent graduates, and professionals can apply for the J-1 visa, which allows them to work temporarily in the United States. In some businesses, this involves an internship programme that can last up to 12 months and a trainee programme that can last up to 18 months.


Before applying for the J-1 visa, you can either find your own internship or find one through an internship provider. Most service providers provide the entire package, including placement and visa sponsorship.



Internships are available through the following organisations in the United States:



For international graduates with at least one year of professional work experience, the Fulbright Commission also provides short-term work opportunities and a trainee programme.


For students who have already secured a job placement in the United States but are looking for J-1 visa sponsorship, consider the Career Training USA cultural exchange programme.



American visas


Due to its strict immigration policies, the United States is a difficult country to enter, however a variety of programmes and visas are available for certain categories. So make sure you pick the correct one, such as the J-1 exchange programme, which allows students and professionals to obtain job experience and cultural exchange for up to 18 months.


It can help if you have an employer willing to sponsor you, but this is exceedingly rare unless you find job with a multinational corporation and shift to a US office to acquire access into the country. The L-1 visa is available to people working for corporations who want to move you to their US operation for up to five years.



Employers seeking to fill specific skilled roles can apply for H visas. These range from the H-1B temporary worker programme for seasonal workers like ski instructors to the H-1B professional and outstanding person visa. However, there are a limited number of these available, and the application must be made by the company rather than the individual.

UK people are part of the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP), which means they can visit the country on an ESTA for a limited duration.

To learn more about working visas for immigrants and non-immigrants, contact the US Embassy or Consulate in the United Kingdom.




Visa for non-immigrants –

This is for people looking for a short-term stay in the United States. It includes business, internships, summer work, vacation, and education.



Visa for immigrants

Anyone who aspires to live and work continuously in the United States must have this. These visa holders must also get a Green Card (permanent resident status) before entering the country.



If you live in the United States, you may be able to apply for US citizenship. However, the process is lengthy, as the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website states that you must have been a Green Card holder for at least five years. This is on top of satisfying all other standards.



In addition to providing access to travel insurance for non-US nationals, InsureMyTrip also provides extensive and up-to-date information on the visa procedure. So, if you’re confused about what travel documents you’ll need upon entering the country, go to the website to find out.


Due to the fluid nature of US immigration policy, nationals from mostly Muslim nations should keep a close eye on any laws or restrictions that may effect their entry into the US.




Language Requirements


English is the official language of the United States. If English is not your first language, you may be required to take an English language competency test. The most prevalent tests are the TOEFL and IELTS.





How to Explain Your British Qualifications to Potential Employers


Employers typically accept UK qualifications. This is demonstrated by the fact that some US citizens study in the UK before returning home to work. However, before applying for a job, make sure that your UK degree will be acknowledged.


More information is available at ENIC-NARIC.



What it’s like to work in the United States


Officially, Americans work a standard 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. day, or a 40-hour week. However, in practice, employees frequently go above and beyond. You may find yourself working 12-hour days on occasion, especially if you work in the legal or medical fields.

Although two weeks of yearly leave is common, some US workers must settle for as little as nine paid vacation days per year, which is significantly less than the UK average. Public holidays such as New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (4th July), Labour Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day are also included in paid vacation in the United States. However, not all private businesses observe national holidays.



READ MORE: USA Work Visa Opportunities