Aviagen Ltd, a global poultry breeding firm, is looking for motivated and dedicated General Farm Workers to join our team in the United Kingdom. This position entails a variety of responsibilities, including poultry care and maintenance, as well as regular farm duties. Aviagen is dedicated to offering possibilities for international workers and will sponsor visas for qualified candidates. This is an opportunity to work with a leading industry business while experiencing living in the UK.
- Maintain and monitor poultry health and well-being.
- Assist in the breeding process and egg collection.
- Feed and water the birds as needed, and make sure the feed is properly delivered.
- Maintain clean and sanitary conditions across the farm.
- Safely and effectively operate farm machinery and equipment.
- Keep an eye on the farm environment to ensure that it is conducive to animal welfare.
- Maintain detailed records of farm operations, such as feed usage and poultry growth.
- All biosecurity requirements and company policies must be followed.
- Capability to carry out physical chores and work in a variety of weather situations.
- Excellent perception and detail skills.
- Basic animal care and farm operations expertise is required; training will be provided.
- Willingness to learn and follow all agricultural safety regulations.
- Team player with excellent communication abilities.
- Full-time availability is required, including weekends and holidays as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- There is no formal schooling required; however, a high school diploma or similar may be advantageous.
- Prior agricultural experience is recommended, but not required, since training will be provided.
- Salary is competitive.
- Accommodation assistance may be available.
- Visa sponsorship is available for qualified overseas candidates.
- Possibility of advancement within Aviagen.
- Employee wellness programmes are available.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should go to the Aviagen Ltd careers page to fill out an application form. Complete all required fields, attach a CV and cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position, and submit your application. If visa sponsorship is required, please specify this in your application and be prepared to submit additional information as requested.
Working for Aviagen Ltd provides a wonderful opportunity to be a part of an industry-leading company that is dedicated to quality and innovation. You will obtain significant experience as a General Farm Worker in the UK and play an important role in our operations. We provide visa sponsorship for our international employees and ensure that they have the tools and training they need to succeed in their roles. We invite you to apply if you are looking to advance your agriculture career and meet our requirements.