This role is for the Plant Vehicle Team (PVT) at the Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP), with a focus on the new 2024 Ranger quality. The Plant Vehicle Team (PVT) Engineer is a part of Ford Motor Company’s Product Development organisation and is the quality’s “first line of defence.”
To develop innovative products and services that satisfy our clients, Product Development employs design thinking and user experience approaches. We make original, intriguing, and long-lasting ideas a reality. We have possibilities for you to contribute to developments in autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technology, and more all around the world!
The Plant Vehicle Team (PVT) Engineer works in Ford Motor Company’s Product Development department. The PVT Engineer is the “first line of defence” in terms of quality, and he or she is responsible for analysing and enhancing the vehicle’s quality.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject is required.
- 3+ years of Production Plant experience is required.
Even better, you might have…
- A master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a closely related subject is required.
- 5+ years of Forward Model Product Development in Structures & Systems Engineering as Design & Release (D&R) interfacing with Studio, Safety, Testing and Validation (VEV), Vehicle Operations Manufacturing Engineering (VOME), Supplier Technical Assistance (STA), and Ford Customer Service Division (FCSD).
- Ford Warranty systems understand ECB (Early Claims Binning), BSAQ Balanced Single Quality Agenda.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
You may not tick every box, and your expertise may differ slightly from what we’ve listed, but if you believe you can add value to Ford Motor Company, we invite you to apply!
We provide the benefit of choice as an established worldwide corporation. You can select whether your Ford tale will take you around the world or keep you close to home. Will your career be a deep dive into your passion, or a series of new teams and skills? Will you be a changemaker, a leader, a technical specialist, a culture builder…or all of the above? Whatever you choose, we provide a work life that works for you, including:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage is available immediately.
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programmes, subsidised back-up child care, and other benefits are available.
- Employee and family member vehicle discounts, as well as management leases
- Assistance with tuition
- Employee resource groups that are well-established and engaged
- Paid leave for individual and group community service
- A generous paid holiday schedule, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off with the option to purchase more vacation time.
Click here for a more in-depth look at our benefits:
This post is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Candidates for Ford Motor Company positions must be lawfully authorised to work in the United States. At the time of hire, verification of employment eligibility will be necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to a diverse workforce. Without regard to race, religion, colour, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap status, or protected veteran status, all competent applicants will be considered for employment. In the United States, please call 1-888-336-0660 if you require a reasonable accommodation for the online application procedure due to a disability.
In this situation…
Daily review of incoming warranty claims data. Examine customer and dealership feedback and sort claims into appropriate binning categories. Contact the dealership/s for parts and repair diagnosis, participate in customer call backs to ensure accurate interpretation of customer feedback, and analyse returned parts for root cause analyses while establishing interim and permanent corrective actions.
Assist with Stop Ships/Stop Builds, Campaigns, Audits, Root Cause Analysis, and other Quality-related responsibilities in the assembly facility.
Lead commodity modifications for future minor product releases, as well as cost-cutting steps in current production vehicles.
What you’re going to do…
To address quality concerns, support the Variability Reduction Team (VRT) for specific subsystems and collaborate closely with Supplier partners for subsystem components.
Lead engineering trials and the deployment of sub-system running changes.
To support Quality objectives, issue engineering Alerts and initiate and/or pursue authorization of engineering Concerns for product changes.
Engage technical experts and members of functional teams in driving resolution and developing corrective steps to improve product quality.
Present to various levels of top management (weekly VRT report, Vehicle Quality Reviews, Engineering Managers reviews).