We are looking for experienced dialysis technicians. Registered Nurses (RN) to join our team of medical experts overseeing dialysis delivery and patient care at Puget Sound Kidney Centres (PSKC). The RN is in charge of educating patients, supervising Dialysis Technicians, changing treatment plans based on standing orders, monitoring patient outcomes, dispensing medications, and engaging in quality improvement programmes. You will work with other members of our care team (social workers, nutritionists, and nephrologists) to assist and treat patients while they are on dialysis.
Our outpatient clinics offer a consistent weekly schedule with Sundays free to allow for work/life balance. As you deliver life-saving care to your patients, you will develop rapport with them and experience the positive impact.
- We teach registered nurses who want to work in the dialysis profession. Learn more about our training programme by clicking here.
- For those with prior nursing experience (direct dialysis experience preferable), visa sponsorship is available.
Experience and Education
- A nursing degree from a recognised nursing school.
- A current Registered Nurse (RN) licence from the Washington State Board of Nursing or a Multistate Nurse Compact Licence is required.
- Current American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Experience with Hemodialysis or Peritoneal Dialysis is desired.
- Prior Acute or Ambulatory Nursing experience is preferred.
For additional information, please see the full job description.
Location/Hours: The primary work site will be PSKC’s clinic in Port Townsend. Based on patient and personnel requirements, a separate work location will be provided for backup coverage.Outpatient clinics are open Monday through Saturday and offer a range of shifts. There will be no overnight or on-call shifts!
Benefits and Compensation
This position pays between $33.64 and $56.30 per hour. Wage offers are based on a variety of variables, including previous experience in the same or a similar field.
Experienced nurses might earn a sign-on bonus!
Employees who work 30 or more hours per week are entitled to the following benefits:
- Paid vacation accumulation of up to two weeks in the first year
- Paid Sick Time
- 8 Paid Vacation Days
- Three employer-sponsored medical plans are available.
- Employer-provided life and long-term disability insurance
- Employer-matching 403b Retirement Account
- Eligible for a variety of discretionary prizes
- Aid for education
More information about our benefits package is available at https://www.pskc.net/careers/working-at-pskc/.
Our Organisation and Culture
Puget Sound Kidney Centres (PSKC) is happy to serve persons with chronic kidney disease across Washington’s seven counties. Patient care is our primary priority—we teach patients how to do dialysis at home, give the best care in our dialysis centres and at local hospitals, and educate at-risk members of our community about kidney health.
Our approach is straightforward: we help our employees in the same way that we support our patients. Our employees are aware that they are part of a committed team of experts who deliver high-quality, compassionate care that is appreciated and respected by the patients we serve.PSKC is a patient-centered, community-based nonprofit dedicated to providing high-quality, convenient, compassionate, and affordable care to all patients and their families. We are proud to have made this profound and long-lasting commitment to the communities we serve for the past forty years.
Prerequisites for Employment
PSKC is a drug-free environment. A job offer is contingent on the successful completion of a drug test and a criminal background check.
Employer of Equal Opportunity
PSKC complies with all state and federal standards in order to provide a safe working environment for our employees, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all, as well as a work environment free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
PSKC does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition, as defined by applicable equal opportunity laws. All hiring decisions are made on the basis of merit, credentials, and ability. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance or accommodations throughout the application or interview process.