Our Manufacturing Operations teams are responsible for producing our products. We work in manufacturing plants with the philosophy of “Safety First, Quality Always,” striving for continual development. To assure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products, we work in a local factory that is linked to our worldwide production network.
Employees working in roles requiring routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, your employment may pose an undue burden on business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment or your employment may be terminated, as permitted by applicable law. Please also keep in mind that, where authorised by legislation, the Company reserves the right to demand COVID-19 immunisations for roles such as Global Employee Health, where the Company considers in its sole discretion that the nature of the work poses an enhanced risk of disease transmission.
Current employees should apply HERE.
Apply HERE if you are a current contingent worker.
Secondary Language(s) of Instruction
Description of the Position
This is a night shift position with a 12.5 hour rotation (6:00PM – 6:30AM).
The Associate Production Technician position at VMF (Vaccine Manufacturing Facility) is a good entry-level opportunity for recent university graduates or experienced persons interested in working in vaccine production and manufacturing operations. The person in this position will assist the vaccine manufacturing process by performing hands-on processing operations. The Associate Production Technician’s primary responsibilities include aseptic processing requirements, adherence to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and working in a self-directed team environment to achieve shift and departmental goals.
Among the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with all operations and support workers to perform manual and automated processing of vaccine manufacturing equipment, general troubleshooting activities, and vaccine production support functions.
- Executes all documentation and clerical duties required for optimal product accountability and traceability.
- Maintains, stocks, and transports all necessary processing equipment, materials, supplies, and products for manufacture.
- Operates a variety of computer-controlled process support/process equipment (such as a washer, autoclave, vial filler, lyophilizer, capping/inspection machines, and so on).
- Assists with equipment troubleshooting.
- Maintains the cleanliness of all work environments. Follows established processes for facility sanitization and disinfection.
- As needed, performs in-process testing and inspections to support the vaccine production, validation, and development processes.
- As appropriate, identifies and remedies compliance, environmental, safety, and process deviations, and escalates to relevant individuals.
- Maintains, cleans, and prepares vaccine manufacturing equipment.
- Environmental monitoring is scheduled and performed during processing, and the results are recorded in a computerised database system. Delivers samples and other materials to relevant laboratories on time, liaising with Quality and Logistics as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in safety and housekeeping walkthroughs, 5S, kaizen events, and any other required operations, lean six-sigma, quality, safety, or environmental training/initiatives.
- As needed, serves on safety, quality, and other committees.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- For this position, a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience and skills required:
- Work a 12-hour night shift (6:00PM to 630AM) on a rotating 2-2-3 schedule. It should be noted that this plan includes working alternating weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass the Aseptic gowning qualification. Aseptic gowning necessitates the covering of all skin and hair by wearing the following: Hair net, hood and facemask, goggles, jumpsuit, gloves, and boots are all included.
- Must be willing and capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- If necessary, must be willing to get vaccinated/blood tested for titer for items processed within the facility.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts.
- Basic computer literacy (internet browsers, e-mail, word processing) is required.
Experience and skills preferred:
- Certificate in BioWorks (working in an FDA-regulated industry).
NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
All workers subject to this policy must have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in their present position before applying for available positions, according to Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement.
If you were offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters specified in your separation package’s Summary Plan Description (SPD), you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. Please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor for a more detailed discussion.
Residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only:
Our organisation is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, guaranteeing that candidates may participate in a hiring process that demonstrates their actual talents. If you require an accommodation during the application or employment process, please click here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to creating a welcoming and diverse workplace. All competent applicants shall be considered for employment regardless of race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, handicap status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For more information on personal rights under Equal Opportunity Employment regulations in the United States, go to:
Know Your Rights, EEOC
GINA Supplement EEOC
Nondiscrimination in compensation
We are delighted to be a company that values bringing together diverse, talented, and passionate individuals. When various ideas come together in an inclusive setting, it is the quickest approach to breakthrough innovation. We urge our coworkers to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and work together to solve difficulties.
Learn more about your legal rights in California, Colorado, and other US states.
Hybrid Work Model in the United States
Employees in office-based positions in the United States will be working a Hybrid work schedule beginning September 5, 2023, consisting of three total days on-site per week, generally Tuesday, Wednesday, and either Monday or Thursday, though the specific days may vary by site or organisation, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement provides for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined that the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. Please keep in mind that this Hybrid work model guidance does not apply to roles marked as “remote.”
Representatives of Search Firms Please read this carefully.
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited employment opportunities from search firms. Without a clear signed search agreement in place for this position, any CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company would be deemed the sole property of our organisation. If a candidate is employed by our organisation as a consequence of an agency reference and there is no pre-existing agreement, no fee will be paid. Introductions are position specific where agency agreements are in existence. No phone calls or emails, please.
Requirements for Travel:
Flexible Working Conditions:
A valid driver’s licence:
REQ ID: R274178.