What We’re Seeking
At HNTB, you may establish a career that is meaningful to you while also contributing to communities that are important to all of us. For more than a century, we have provided solutions for some of the country’s largest and most complicated infrastructure projects. With our recent expansion, now is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails managing assigned project(s) throughout their full lifecycle, including developing the scope and technical sections of proposal and procurement documents, participating in contract negotiations, and overseeing the delivery of the project plan to successfully achieve HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget, and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. In support of the project’s objectives, this job handles the budget, schedule, technical needs, contractual obligations, and client communications proactively. Manages and reviews design-related requirements, calculations, reports, and plans while doing high-level technical duties. Coordinates with internal and external partners, including cross-functional and functional teams, to address and solve design-related issues or concerns. The Project Manager I – Engineering typically supervises project team(s) for one or more key (one million dollar) projects or may lead and/or act as a discipline lead on a mini-mega ($one million to five million dollar) project management team.
You’ll do the following:
- Responsible for project scope and fee quotation creation, as well as assisting in the production of technical proposals and contracts in compliance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- Serves as the key client interface and oversees the project team in order to complete the scope, schedule, and budgets to the client’s satisfaction. Assists with project scoping and contract negotiations for clients.
- For assigned projects, performs technical discipline responsibilities such as analysis, reporting, design, specification, and production.
- On each project, implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA). Leads the creation and implementation of the project management strategy. Supervises and mentors team to achieve overall project goals.
- Coordination of project staffing with managers, including but not limited to recruitment, development, retention, and succession of project personnel; preparation of strategy for project staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- In accordance with HNTB’s Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA), collaborates with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, client relationship building, and pursuit activities for strategic and mini-mega projects. Prepares relevant proposal and presentation materials in collaboration with the project team and marketing resources. Leads proposal development and interview presentations to clients for strategic and mini-mega projects, as well as general industry and community presentations.
- May be in charge of staff recruiting, hiring, development, and retention, as well as the creation of a plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Other responsibilities may be allocated.
You will need:
- Engineering bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience
- 2 years of task management or deputy project management experience
What you’ll need to bring:
- Winning, contracting, and effectively completing smaller projects 4for4 (on-time, on-budget, quality, and customer satisfaction). Identifying and escalating risk and change management concerns under the supervision of more experienced personnel.
- Managing a team for a smaller project or task order with no or few subcontractors.
- Smaller projects or task orders are managed, monitored, and delivered using system tools.
- Using the Office Management Team to assist in the implementation of HNTB Sophisticated processes as they apply to the project.
- Interacting with a peer at the client level on a smaller project or task order.
- Providing technical guidance to team and task leads while also completing some technical tasks.
What We Prefer:
- Structural Engineering Master’s Degree
- Experience with steel bridges (highway and railway)
- Professional Engineer (PE) licence in Florida or the capacity to earn one within six months
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MathCAD
- CSi Bridge, Leap Bridge, CONSPAN, RC-Pier, FB-MultiPier, MDX, and DESCUS experience
- FDOT Standard Specifications, Structures Manual, Bridge Load Rating Manual, and Design Standards are all required.
- Understanding of AREMA Design Specifications
Click here for more information about benefits: Total HNTB Rewards
Learn more about EOE, including disability and veteran benefits, by clicking here.
This post is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Lake Mary, Florida
THIRD-PARTY AGENCY NOTICE:
HNTB does not accept resumes from recruiters or agencies that have not been requested. Any staffing/employment agency, individual, or corporation that sends an unsolicited resume to this site understands that the applicant’s résumé will become the property of HNTB. HNTB reserves the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without payment to the staffing/employment agency, person, or business that submitted the application. To be eligible for placement fees, staffing/employment agencies with fee agreements with HNTB must send applicants to the appropriate HNTB recruiter.