We at Ford Motor Company believe that freedom of mobility is what propels human progress. We also believe in giving you the flexibility to establish and achieve your goals. With our amazing aspirations for the future of mobility, we have numerous options for you to advance your career while helping us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a member of our Ford Manufacturing team, you will contribute to the creation of world-class, cutting-edge smart vehicles that the world expects from us. We are always developing new technologies and processes in our plants around the world to boost our efficiency. That means we’re always looking for hardworking, driven individuals who can think creatively to help us create better and more efficient ways to build our automobiles.
This position will be based in the Product Development Centre (DEARBORN, MI).
THIS ROLE WILL BE SUPPORTED BY SPONSORSHIP.
FOR THIS ROLE, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
- 5+ years of fastening equipment, assembly tooling, or joint design strategy experience
- 2+ years of prior development experience (content/SW definition, design revisions, supplier development).
- 2+ years of assistance for in-plant tooling and fastener implementation or troubleshooting
- Engineering Bachelors
- You may not tick every box, and your expertise may differ slightly from what we’ve listed, but if you believe you can add value to Ford Motor Company, we invite you to apply!
What you’ll get in exchange:
- We provide the benefit of choice as an established worldwide corporation. You can select whether your Ford tale will take you around the world or keep you close to home. Will your career be a deep dive into your passion, or a series of new teams and skills? Will you be a changemaker, a leader, a technical specialist, a culture builder…or all of the above? Whatever you choose, we provide a work life that works for you, including:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage is available immediately.
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programmes, subsidised back-up child care, and other benefits are available.
- Employee and family member vehicle discounts, as well as management leases
- Assistance with tuition
- Employee resource groups that are well-established and engaged
- Paid leave for individual and group community service
- A generous paid holiday schedule, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off with the option to purchase more vacation time.
Click here for a more in-depth look at our benefits:
This post is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Candidates for Ford Motor Company positions must be lawfully authorised to work in the United States. At the time of hire, verification of employment eligibility will be necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to a diverse workforce. Without regard to race, religion, colour, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap status, or protected veteran status, all competent applicants will be considered for employment. In the United States, please call 1-888-336-0660 if you require a reasonable accommodation for the online application procedure due to a disability.
The fastening engineer’s job is to:
Lead worldwide fastening tooling and standards for Ford North America Final Assembly manufacturing facilities to support future programmes, campaign prevention, and response strategies.
During the program’s development phase, lead the program-specific fastening project and strategy, including sourcing and purchase order issuance.
Execute the overall fastening strategy, from delivery to implementation.
Standardise, maintain, and update fastening tooling
Assist in the creation of and achieve complete programme costing alignment
This position is a component of the Final Assembly Engineering Strategy and Simultaneous Engineering.
Collaborate with various cross-functional teams to create standards, processes, costs, and implementation strategies.
JOB ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- On a non-program basis, the Fastening Engineers are in charge of fastening tooling development and technology.
- Fastening Engineers are responsible for fastening strategy and tooling from the PS> milestone to the issue of essential Purchase Orders to support the programmes.
- Examine, develop, and evaluate novel fastening technology and vendors.
- Develop Procedures, Global Manufacturing Standards (GMR), Standard Cells, Gap Strategies with Product Development, Standard Costing for Future Model Programmes, DC Tooling CAD Library in Teamcenter, and GVOSS Updates for Global Manufacturing Fastening Standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on PAC Papers and Stop Ships to improve our manufacturing standards and lower warranty costs.
- Assist with the development of new fastening technology for our North American plants, such as wireless technology, Toolsnet 8, and pulse tool technology.
- Implement torque strategies and angle monitoring limits at our North American plants by receiving information from Product Development, but more importantly, gaining alignment between Product Development and the Plant during the launch phase.
- Support the integration of Toolsnet 8 into our North American plants to help with angle monitoring and FSA reduction.
- Cost studies are being conducted to ensure that plants have Residual Torque Equipment, Torque Test Benches, TISS, TPPS, and Tool Trackers.
- Lead the development of online and offline repair strategies that involve wireless tooling and report to the Quality Operating System.
- Work with a Launch Engineer Team to integrate handheld DC tools into the plants for future model programmes.
- Help Ford’s Upperbody and Underbody Tooling Teams Fulfil Tooling Orders
- Lead 3rd Party Quality Auditors in Yearly Audits of North American Plants for Adherence to TISS Reports, Torque Routes, Fastening Procedures, Tool Tracker Preventive Maintenance Status, TCNs, and Torque Related Alerts.
- Support the Plant and Ford of India Teams in conducting audits on Fastener Releases, Process Sheets, and Controller Programming Adherence every six months at each plant.