- Position:Greenhouse Workers (Full-Time, Permanent)
- Reports to: Manager of Operations and Production
- Type of Work: Permanent Full-Time Position
- Location: Pitt Meadows, British Columbia
Please keep in mind that we are looking for workers with LMIA in Canada who are looking to change jobs.
Those who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered; those from outside of Canada will not be accepted.
INFORMATION ABOUT US:
Our objective at UP Vertical Farms is to be the largest and most sustainable indoor vertical farm producer of baby leafy greens by 2024, creating the safest, most nutritious, and best tasting salad greens. Our hands-free, technology-driven vertical farm prioritises people and the environment. It also helps the local economy by growing the most delectable greens, picking them at their height of freshness, and delivering them to the local market quickly and precisely. More information about our mission may be found at https://UPVerticalFarms.com/.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
We are searching for hardworking and devoted workers to work in our greenhouse. To successfully deliver healthy plants to customers, we need a team of workers. Seeding, transferring plants into grow trays and then onto conveyors, cleaning and sanitising rooms, buildings, and machinery, and other manual chores are all part of the job. This is a fast-paced, multi-cultural setting; applicants must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 2 °C to 30 °C or higher, depending on the weather, and must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing repetitive activities. Workload varies from day to day.
- Preparing and using the seeder in accordance with the instructions.
- Move rafts and leafy greens from and to other rooms and habitats in specially designated parts of the greenhouse.
- Identifying and removing any potential impediment to good plant growth.
- Watering, weeding, and pruning are examples of daily plant maintenance procedures.
- Repair non-complex irrigation system problems.
- Use machinery and equipment such as a seeder, harvester, and washer.
- Using machines to transport large materials.
- Keeping ideal inventory levels for various types of greenhouse materials and equipment.
- Keeping both the workplace and visiting spaces clean.
- Follow all safety and hygiene standards in the greenhouse, warehouse, and lunchroom.
- Adhere to corporate regulations and procedures.
- A good mastery of the English language is required.
- Applicants must be in good physical health to perform the needed labour responsibilities, as the job requires repeated tasks and standing for extended periods of time.
- Upon application, you will be legally permitted to work in Canada.
- 8-hour shift
- Day or night shift
- Tuesday through Saturday or Saturday through Thursday (subject to change with prior notice)
Capability to commute/move:
Pitt Meadows, BC: commute regularly or intend to relocate before commencing employment (needed)
Workplace: In person
Full-time and permanent positions are available.
Hourly wage: $17.00-$18.00
Language Flexibility Requirement:
It is not necessary to speak French.
- Eight-hour shift
- The day shift
- Afternoon shift
- Monday through Friday
- The night shift
- As needed, weekends
Capability to commute/move:
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 1Z1: commute regularly or plan to relocate before beginning job (needed)