Seasonal jobs in Finland are well-known. For foreign nationals, the Finnish Migration Service provides a variety of seasonal permits. Third-country nationals must get a Work Permit for Seasonal Work in order to work in Finland. You need to apply for the necessary permit if you are visiting Finland for seasonal employment. The sorts of permits, the list of seasonal occupations, and the Finland Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023 will all be clarified in this page.
The employer who extends a job offer to you must give you a wage of 1335 EUR per month, decent housing that is warm and fire-safe, enough restrooms, and two days off per week. One of the employer’s requirements is this. Below are the specifics and the application procedure for the Finland Seasonal Work Permit.
Finland Seasonal Work Permit Types
There are three types of seasonal work permits available from the Finnish Immigration Service, and each has a distinct duration of stay.
- A seasonal work visa is referred to as a “seasonal work permit.”
- Certificate for Seasonal Work
- Residence Permit for Seasonal Work
1: Permit for Seasonal Work
You should apply for a seasonal work visa at the Finnish embassy or consulate in your home country if you want to stay in Finland for less than three months and you are from a nation that requires a visa to visit Finland.
2: Seasonal Work Certificate
You should apply to the Finnish Immigration Service for a seasonal work certificate if you plan to stay for less than three months and you are a citizen of a nation where visas are not needed.
This category includes citizens of the European Union and other nations that are exempt from the requirement for a visa in order to enter Finland.
3: Seasonal Work Permit for Residency
You must apply to the Finnish Immigration Service for a seasonal work residence visa if your employment is expected to last more than three months. There will be a maximum of nine to twelve months.
No seasonal work permit is required if:
- You are a citizen of a nation where visas are not required, and you are visiting Finland for a maximum of 90 days to work as a seasonal wild berry picker.
- You are a citizen of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, or a member of the European Union. In Finland, you are able to work without a residency permit.
Cost of Visa and Length of Stay
- Thirty Months: 350 online and 550 on paper applications
- Nine to Twelve Months: 400 online, 600 on paper applications
Under this scheme, a person may reside for a maximum of two years (24 months) and an initial of one year (12 months).
Finland’s List of Seasonal Jobs
Job in agriculture and tourism is referred to as seasonal job.
Divisions in Agriculture:
Production of crops, animals, and related services; hunting and related services are not included; forest cultivation and other forestry activities are.
Various Tourism Sectors:
Ski resorts, lodging and food service businesses, tour operators, other reservation services, and related businesses like tour guide businesses, theme parks and amusement park operations, performing arts support businesses, coastal and inland passenger water transportation, and so on.
- 2,184 applications for a certificate of seasonal work for the year 2023 had been filed by September 5th, 2023.
- Approximately 1,016 applications for a residence visa for seasonal employment had been filed by September 5, 2023.
Time of Processing for a Finland Seasonal Work Visa
Your online application may not be processed for up to a month. Nevertheless, a paper application may take up to three months.
Who is eligible to apply for a seasonal work permit in Finland?
- There are often no particular qualifications and anyone can apply for this type of residency permit.
- Any national can apply, regardless of their country.
- no particular background or language requirements.
Extension of Permit for Residency
The good news is that you can extend your work permit from within Finland once your residency permit expires. For seasonal work, you can apply for an extended permit.
Process for Finland’s Seasonal Work Permit
- Step1: Receive a job offer from an employer in Finland
- Step 2: Get the Paperwork Ready
- Step 3: Completing the Online Form
- Step 4: Pay and submit the application.
- Step 5: Go to the VFS or Finland Embassy to provide identification
- Step6: Take heed of the processing.
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR FINLAND’S SEASONAL WORK; CLICK HERE
Link for Online Application
The application for seasonal work is available online.Via an e-service, access Finland online:Online application is simple. The commonly asked questions must be read before launching the application.
Jobs in Finland that Are Seasonal for Foreigners
To apply for a job directly, get in touch with the relevant employers, firms, or sectors that offer seasonal labour. We’ve included the links below.
Here are some official job search websites and resources (together with webpage connections) for foreigners in Finland:
- IOM Finland is the International Organisation for Migration.
Finally, you have the option to apply for a job with a Finland recognised employer if you have no interest in a seasonal position. Currently, 42 businesses are hiring foreign nationals for open positions.
With the Finland Work Visa Process, you can obtain your visa in as little as ten days.